Monday, September 13, 2010

Update: PET scan and results to come back this Wednesday

I've got my appointment for the PET scan tomorrow super early in the morning.  This is the test where they look to see if there is any other cancer in the body.  For the most part, I feel that I have taken most everything in stride.  I haven't had too much worry or anxiety.  This is the one exception.  This one test is big enough to decide pretty much my whole fate at this point.  (I know that sounds a bit melodramatic, but that's kinda how it is).  For the first time, I am scared.  And part of me feels like I'm being silly because there is no reason to stress before I even know anything.  As the doctor has said, there is absolutely no reason to think that the cancer is anywhere else because it wasn't in the lymph nodes. My mind knows this, but yet I am still afraid. 

I wanted to ask a request from those of you who I know believe in God.  I won't ask anyone to do this again, and I wouldn't ask now unless I felt it was super important.  But, my request is for two things: 1 is prayer (duh!) But the second is for fasting.  If anyone feels led, could you please fast for me during this time as this test is THE most important one?  Please pray that there not be any cancer anywhere else in my body. 

For those of you who do not believe in God, I still thank you for walking with me through this journey.  You thoughts are felt over here, and you are also such a huge part in making me feel like I can handle this whole thing.  I love you so much.

So, after the PET scan comes the longest day and a half of my life.  At 2:30 Wednesday, I meet with Dr. Le to discuss the results. I was planning on trying to go to work Wednesday.  However, knowing what I do now, as in what test results I'll be hearing about, I don't think there is any way possible to just concentrate on work before hand. 

So, that is the update as of now.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Hillary,
    Martha Cox sent me your blog address and I will fast and pray for you tomorrow (Tues.)

    Take care,
    Phyllis Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Lovely Precious Girl!!!!! I am praying - I tried to call 4 times to the hospital, but could not get through. I have scanty e-mail access, but will check on you every time I get on from whose computer I can use. I am thankful I know the God that holds you. He does, Hill... He does. Ich bete und ... I love you! Hold only onto the Truth that He holds you - and by gum by golly - a little drama is not only necessary but healthy - this is a dramatic place God has allowed you to experience! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple girl, you are presently Hillary 2.0 v1. Wouldn't be a true Apple fan unless you progressed from v1 to v2 to v3, etc. as Apple does when it releases its software upgrades.

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying hard for you today Hill. I love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete