Thursday, September 16, 2010

Port surgery scheduled for tomorrow

They say it takes about 2 weeks to get over the effects of anesthesia.  I have been feeling its full force, but my parents keep telling me "two weeks Hillary.  It will be two weeks until you really feel like yourself, I promise."  Well, two weeks will be over tomorrow, so I thought I'd celebrate... by having another surgery.  Woohooo.  BUT whatever...

They are going to be installing my port that I will use during chemotherapy.  I guess there really isn't a good time to go under again, so tomorrow is just as good as any other day.  I'm just a little bummed because it seems like it's my last chance to feel normal before chemo, and I'm going to miss it.  Maybe this time, since it is a much more minor surgery, won't knock me out for a full 2 weeks. I hope...

So, tomorrow at 11:00 I go under again.  For anyone trying to come by or get in touch, I'll be going back at my parents house afterwards.  Thank God for my parents!  I don't know how I could get through this without them. 

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck Hillary...We're all pulling for you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they putting you all the way under? You may be awake just groggy...it's a minor procedure so don't worry...you should be yourself again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on my heart as I turn in for the night. Glad I stayed up this late to figure out how to blog . . . see you already are doing good just by going through this ugly stuff. I bet it is just fine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! We just came across some of your posts and just read your whole blog. Mande and I are praying for you! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They put me pretty far under, but not all the way. Towards the end, I was waking up, and apparently yammering on and on and on. But that's pretty car for the course with me when I'm a bit tipsy. I tend to talk to much when my filter is taken away. Who knows what I said...

    ReplyDelete